- June 02, 2013 — BBQ & Grilling Class
More info soon! I'll be joining two amazing folks for a four-hour class at Smokin' Pete's BBQ.
- July 02, 2012 — Interview on NPR Seattle, KUOW
Tune in to KUOW, NPR Seattle on Monday, July 2 at 9:30am. I'll be talking with host Steve Scher about all things barbecue for the 4th of July. We'll be answer questions for callers too!
- October 19, 2010 — Ballard Authors & Neighbors
Come out and meet 30 local authors for an evening of Ballard, bingo, and books. The rollicking round table discussion and book signing runs from 7-9pm at the Sunset Hill Community Club. For more info, go to my blog or read the Ballard News Tribune article here: http://www.ballardnewstribune.com/2010/10/11/features/large-ballard-ballard-authors-z
- June 05, 2010 — Smokin' in Seattle Eggfest
Come on down to the Seattle Eggfest. I'll be cooking MOINK Balls, signing books, and cooking on a Big Green Egg. For more info go to: http://www.pnweggfest.com/
- May 29, 2010 — Live interview on KXL Radio with Mr. Barbecue
Can't wait to be back on Bruce "Mr. Barbecue" Bjorkman's radio show, "Cooking Outdoors with Mr. Barbecue". Show is live at 2pm. I'll be on at 2:30pm.
- May 14, 2010 — Memphis in May World Championship BBQ Competition
The fun continues at MIM with the Pork Smackdown Grill competition. I'll go head to head with Larry "Moinkball" Gaian and Mike "Pit Boss" Hedrick on the Char-Broil stage. Wish me luck!
- May 13, 2010 — Memphis in May World Championship BBQ Competition
I'll be a guest chef for Char-Broil for one of the most exciting barbecue events of the year. We'll interview teams, demo infrared grills, and host a Celebrity Grilling Competition.
- April 24, 2010 — Book signing and cook out at Alabama Booksmith
Come eat barbecue and buy a copy of She-Smoke. The Alabama Booksmith is in the heart of Birmingham. Event starts at 2pm.
- April 23, 2010 — Good Day Alabama 7am
Live cooking segment on Birmingham's Good Day Alabama (Fox 6, WBRC) at 7:45am.
- April 21, 2010 — Book signing and barbecue at the Euclid Ave. Yacht Club, Atlanta
Co-hosted by A Cappella Books, event starts at 7pm. For directions and more information go to www.acappellabooks.com or www.theeayc.com
- April 20, 2010 — Better Mornings Atlanta
I'll be joining host Tracye Hutchins on the Better Mornings Atlanta Show (cbs atl). Show runs 5am-7am.
- April 14, 2010 — Book signing at Book Woman, Austin TX
7pm book talk and signing at Austin's feminist bookstore, Book Woman. For directions and more info about the store go to www.ebookwoman.com
- March 10, 2010 — Rib Class
Come learn all about the art of smoking ribs low and slow. March 10, 6:30-8:30 at the Pacific Culinary Studio in Everett. Cost is only $45. For more information call (425)353-6468.
- November 17, 2009 — BBQ Central Radio Interview
Greg Rempe and I talk turkey on his most excellent radio show. Tune in at 6pm PST here: http://www.latalkradio.com/Greg.php
- November 09, 2009 — Turkey Class!
Come learn how to smoke a turkey from brining to trussing to smoking it slow and low. We'll also smoke a cornish game hen, and more! Class taught at Smokin' Pete's BBQ, offered through Seattle Central CC, $95. E-mail Julie for more info on signing up for the class: firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 10, 2009 — Nightcapper at the Pacific NW Bookseller's Association
PNBA Conference in Portland
- August 02, 2009 — Cooking demo & book talk at Mrs. Cook's
University Village, 1-3pm
- July 14, 2009 — Live on AM Northwest!
In case you missed it, check it out here: http://shesmoke.blogspot.com/2009/07/talking-brisket-on-am-northwest.html
- July 11, 2009 — Seattle Central CC 2-day workshop: The Weber For Women: A Crash Course in Grilling and Barbecue
July 11 & 12. Register at Register at www.learnatcentral.com
- July 11, 2009 — Cooking with Mr. Barbecue on KXL Radio
Listen to KXL at 2:30pm - We will announce the contest winners!
- June 16, 2009 — Barbecue Central Interview
6pm web radio interview. Go to www.bbq-4-u.com to hear the show!
- June 09, 2009 — Cooking Demo & Book Signing
Third Place Books, Bothell, 7-9pm. www.thirdplacebooks.com for store info
- June 08, 2009 — Martha Stewart Living Radio
Interview on Morning Living Show, 6am
- June 06, 2009 — Interview on KXL (Portland)
Cooking Outdoors with Mr. Barbecue. Time 2:30.
- June 01, 2009 — She-Smoke Book Launch
Book Launch at Smokin' Pete's BBQ, co-hosted by Secret Garden Books. Starting at 6:30pm, Julie will read a little from the book, sign books and celebrate with you. Light barbecue appetizers and refreshments will be served. By RSVP only. Please e-mail email@example.com.
- May 23, 2009 — Interview with Rebekah Denn
Check out her blog: www.eatallaboutit.com to read the interview!